Search Engine Optimization:
Top-10* Google ranking – What’s the secret?
SEO How-to Secrets/Instructions for Top-10* Google Ranking.
Current stats (verified Jan 5, 2009):
#3 on Google for “vintage coats” and “vintage fur coats” for www.Scivago.com
#3 on Google for “collaborative law Austin” for www.MelissaMWilliams.com
Case Study for Melissa Williams, Attorney at Law, Austin, Texas (http://www.MelissaMWilliams.com/)
Setting up a Website for natural, lasting search engine ranking is basically a 5-phase process:
1. What are you selling?
- Come up with a handful of keywords that you would use to describe your product(s) and/or service(s).
- Melissa Williams is an Attorney in Austin, Texas and wanted to be found in the search engines under “family law,” “collaborative law,” and “Austin divorce.” She also only wanted to be found locally, in Austin.
2. Research your keywords
- Discover what search engine users are ACTUALLY searching for.
- Google (http://adwords.google.com/ > Tools > Keyword Tool) has a great keyword tool that displays keyword searches per month, as well as, the average over a 12 month period.
- WordTracker (http://www.wordtracker.com/).
- Axandra (http://www.axandra.com/).
- After researching all of Melissa’s keywords, we decided to utilize on the following two phrases: “collaborative law Austin” and “Austin divorce attorney“.
3. Write keyword-rich text and add to your Website
- Write keyword-rich titles, meta description and meta keywords specifically for each individual page and place in each page’s HTML code, between the <head></head> tags.
- Write keyword-rich headlines and place in each page’s HTML code, in the <h1> tags.
- Write keyword-rich body copy and place in each page’s HTML code, in the <p> tags.
- Write keyword-rich text for all images and place in each page’s HTML code, in the <img> tags.
- Navigation: build the site’s navigation using keywords.
- Create a links page with keyword-rich outbound links to other related sites.
- Create keyword-rich anchor link text.
- Melissa’s title for her home page is “Austin Divorce Attorney specializing in Collaborative Law in Austin, Melissa Williams, (512) 477-5448.”
- Her navigation has also been created using her keywords: Home, Austin Divorce Attorney, Philosophy, Collaborative Law in Austin, Links, Contact.
4. Add tracking and site visibility code to your Website
- Create and add Google Analytics tracking code to the HTML code of every page that you want to track (http://www.google.com/analytics/).
- Create and add an XML Sitemap for your Website to Google’s Webmaster Tools (https://www.google.com/webmasters/tools/).
- XML Sitemap: http://www.melissamwilliams.com/sitemap.xml
5. In-bound linking
- This keyword-rich link text will be placed on other related sites and point to your site.
- Write the keyword-rich text for your in-bound link (title, URL & description) to share with other related Websites.
- Using your keyword phrases, search for other related sites and contact those Webmasters to exchange links.
- Search for related blogs and leave keyword-rich comments along with your URL (if possible).
- Title: Adorable gifts for baby shower! Super-cute baby girl gift with Baby Diva glitter logo on pink baby clothing
- URL: http://www.babysplayclothing.com/
- Description: Baby Diva glitter logo baby shower gift. Adorable baby girl gift for babies that love cotton baby clothes with a cute Baby Diva glitter logo. Pink baby clothing gifts for baby shower… for a baby birthday gift. Gifts for baby shower in baby t shirts, toddler t shirts, baby rompers, kids t shirt sizes. …baby girl clothes and toddler girl clothes. Sweatshop free clothing made in USA.
- Google Alerts (http://www.google.com/alerts)
*NOTE: I focus on top-10 natural Google ranking, but make NO guarantees of Google ranking.
Contact Reid Walley to help search engine optimization SEO your site!
I adhere to the Google Webmaster Guidelines.